The holidays are here! I have really been thinking about how blessed I am to have so many wonderful people in my life. I love this time of year, and now, as Thanksgiving is near, it seemed like the perfect time to do something special for the people I care so much about. So, as a small thank you, I decided to bake some vegan pumpkin-apple muffins and gift them to some really influential people in my life.
It was so fun getting to do this baking project for the people I care about and I wanted to share the recipe with you all, so that you may share with your loved ones as well!
I found this recipe on The Minimalist Baker’s website. These muffins are all vegan, gluten-free, and super easy to make! I thought that this would be the perfect treat for everyone because the ingredients are pretty healthy making these the ideal guilt-free treat! Attached is the recipe from The Minimalist Baker: https://minimalistbaker.com/vegan-pumpkin-apple-muffins/
* 1 cup unbleached flour + 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
* 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats + extra for topping
* 1 tsp baking powder
* 1/2 tsp baking soda
* 1/4 tsp salt
* 1 tsp cinnamon + more for apples
* 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
* 1 cup almond milk
* 1/2 cup brown sugar
* 2 Tbsp canola oil
* 1 flax egg
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* 2 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and diced
* 1 Tbsp non-dairy butter
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 C) and line muffin tin with paper liners.
2. Prepare flax egg in a large bowl and set aside.
4. Sautee apples in a skillet with non-dairy butter and a sprinkle of cinnamon until soft. Set aside.
5. Add pumpkin puree, almond milk, brown sugar, oil, and vanilla extract to the flax egg. Carefully place flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon into a sifter and sift over wet ingredients and stir.
6. Add apples and oats and stir again lightly until just combined. Spoon into muffin tin until each liner is filled to the very top. Sprinkle oats on top (optional).
7. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely and then store in an air-tight container and refrigerate to ensure freshness.
After baking the muffins, I placed them in a beautiful pie dish from Second Chance Treasures (definitely check them out for any holiday shopping! All proceeds go to help homeless pets❤️) and added a hand written note for a little something extra. I spent an entire day driving around town delivering the muffins, and loved every second of it.
I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving and holiday season that is filled with gratitude and positive vibes. Let me know if you try the muffin recipe and tell me how you like them. I’d love to hear💓