1. Football season. Not because I'm a foot ball fan, but just the fact that people are gathering together, inside, where it's warm, and having fun enjoying being together.
2. Sweaters. I love wearing my knit sweaters in the fall and getting them a little bit big so that the arms are longer and I can pull them down and have that warm snuggly feeling of holding the sleeves in the palms of my hands.
3. I get to wear my favorite suede ankle boots to job castings! They are so much more comfortable than my heels, yet, they are still tall enough for my castings.
4. It's me and my mom's birthday season! (Fun fact: if I had been born on time, rather than 2 weeks late, I probably would have been born on my mom's birthday)
5. The beautiful gold, yellow, brown, and orange color changes in the trees. As well as the smell and crunchy sound of freshly fallen leaves. I also love the huge elm tree outside my window and the delicate fluttering fall of its tiny leaves that signal cool weather is coming.
6. COFFEE. I'm not a huge fan of the sugary pumpkin spice lattes, yet, I love black coffee and I swear a hot cup of coffee tastes a million times better when it is fall.
7. When it is finally cold enough, I always steal one of my mom's soft down feather quilts to snuggle up with. They are so soft, warm, and make me never want to get out of bed.
8. Pumpkins. I love getting to see all the different pumpkins. My family and I always go and find an assortment of pumpkins and arrange them on either side of the door at our house as a festive welcome for our guests during the season.
9. The air. There is something so refreshing about that first breath of crisp autumn air when you step out of the house in the morning and you know that Fall is finally here.
10. Halloween. I have always enjoyed decorating for Halloween with my family. It is a tradition that the day after my birthday, October 4th, we all pull out the spider webs, skeletons, and pumpkin pillows and have a fun time dressing our house up! Also, my sister loves candy and dressing up so it gives me so much joy to see her so happy and overwhelmed with excitement. Her giddy excitement takes me back to some of my fondest memories of when I was her age.